Welcome to High Five for Friday – hosted by Katie, Caitlin, Tif and Della! If you want to know more, read about it here! Just FYI – Caitlin is having a blogging break right now, but she’ll be back next week!
This week’s featured blogger is Abby from Always, Abby!! Here’s what I love about lifestyle bloggers – there is always such variety in the posts. Some makeup, some fashion, some daily life. And Abby is no exception! She’s a new blog to me, and I’m so glad she links up here, because I’ve got someone new to read and stalk! Swing over and say hi to Abby!!
So I basically fell of the face of the earth this week! I came back from the Memorial Day holiday and basically ignored the blog. I didn’t even visit any of you!!! I am so sorry about that. It’s like going a whole week without texting a friend. I missed you all. But I’ll be back at it on the regular next week.
You may have missed it on Instagram last Friday, but I thought it would be fun to post my fav pic from the week on Friday morning, to continue the excitement of H54F. So if you want to do that too, tag your pic on Instagram with #H54Ffav so I can see it too!
Anyway, here is what I DID do this week….
1. I did quite a bit of blog brainstorming this week, and even recorded 4 (!!!) videos. I’ve got a May Favorites, 2 empty product videos, AND a brand new series kicking off in June! Pretty jazzed. YOU don’t really benefit from all of that right away, but eventually you will.
2. Memorial Day weekend was tons of fun! I hope it was great for you. We went up to my in-laws house and it was such a delightful time. I didn’t vlog at all because I didn’t want them to think I was a dork, but it was such a fun weekend. We had a quick walk in the woods….
Went to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens… it has the coolest Children’s Garden with a ton of fun exploring sections, but the best part is the splash ground! Had to drag Elizabeth away.
And then, my sister-in-law purchased a cute baby pool for Elizabeth and her cousin to splash around in. They played in it all day separately, but only together for about 10 minutes because their naps were on opposite schedules, but the squeals of delight were such fun!
3. So I didn’t do a lot of blogging this week because I was focusing on housework. I was on a roll, and didn’t want to mess with that! Know what I mean? I had a genius moment in the organizing department this week. I needed to figure out a way to organize our linen closet that is really deep. It’s so deep that it’s a pain to utilize the closet effectively. But as I was hauling an empty Costco diaper box I realized it was the perfect size for the closet! Blog post coming soon, but I was high fiving myself after that!
4. This week was a Trader Joe’s shopping week and couldn’t resist a few bunches of flowers! These are a few of my favorite things.
5. Yesterday I had to do a quick run to the mall. I snagged this striped peplum top at the Gap for only $9! Crazy! I haven’t been to the Gap in a really long time, and I miss it. But I told myself I would only keep this top if I could find 5 ways to wear it when I got home. I did – and I plan on having a post on that soon!
The real reason I went to the mall was to find my husband a new pair of sunglasses. I found him a pair of Maui Jims, which are super lightweight, and have a 2 year warranty. But they are SUPER expensive for a pair of sunglasses. It seemed ok, since my husband is the guy that uses something forever, until it breaks.
Naturally, I had to buy myself a pair. But I’m REALLY regretting it. $200 for a pair of sunglasses that I’m bound to break at some point? Ugh…. What do you think? To keep or not to keep? I love the sunglasses and they are so lightweight! But I’m the girl that buys $20 sunglasses from Nordstrom Rack… I need help!
I feel like I wrote way too much! Sorry about that. But after one week of not really chatting with you all I felt like there was a lot of blabbering to do.
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.