This week’s featured blogger is Kate from Classy Living. She’s a wife, a teacher, and loves baking! Speaking of being a teacher, she’s had a super busy summer writing curriculum. No breaks for her!! Swing on over and say hi! So excited to be featuring her.
Anyone else feel like the weeks are just flying by?? I can’t catch my breath! Here’s what we have been up to this week.
1. I’ve been trying to squeeze in a lot of exercise this week. The last month or so I’ve been doing early morning walks with a friend and it’s been delightful! This week I’ve also added a video workout in the afternoon. Mercy! I’m sore. But happy! I decided to do these videos while Elizabeth was up and playing so she could “exercise” with me. And if she got bored hopping around with me, she just continued to play. Win Win!
2. I FINALLY got a chance to film a sneak peek of my new planner this week! Which means I can finally use it now. HA! I just LOVE this planner. It’s pretty, but simple. If you missed the blog post (which went live last night… so I wouldn’t be surprised if you did), check it out!
3. Anyone else have a hard time keeping up with magazine subscriptions? I do! We used up some airline miles for subscriptions and it’s just a non-stop flow to our door. I’m finally whittling down a large stack and managed to find this gem that hasn’t been read yet. Better late then never, right?
4. This week we’ve been enjoying the family dinners I blogged about back in the Spring. It’s just so nice having five whole dinners, tucked in the fridge, ready to be reheated! It’s been such a nice treat! Our fav so far this week was a delicious veggie enchilada. So yummy!
5. Our family has entered the 21st century. After 5 years, we caved and bought a TV. We’ve managed to survive on computers only for TV and movie watching. But on a whim we decided we should get a TV. It’s delightful! But I really don’t like having a TV over my fireplace. Anyone have any decor ideas? I just threw some stuff up there to make it less obnoxious, but I need some ideas!
6. Are you ready for a bonus? I just wish I had video of this. But let me tell you my bee story.
Sunday morning we had a bunch of friends over for a potluck brunch. Tons of fun! While we were saying goodbye, a bee flew into the house. The little bugger flew up to our second story entry window, so we figured he’d just stay there. We forgot all about him! Until that night.
My husband worked an 11PM – 7AM shift that night, so as he headed downstairs to leave for work, he manages to disturb the bee who was peacefully resting on our stair banister! And that little bee hightails it for our bedroom, where I’m peacefully sitting in our bed, slathering on lotion, getting ready to go to bed! PANIC!
Clearly, I can’t go to sleep knowing there is a bee buzzing around in my room! So I had to hunt him down. I managed to shoo him to our overhead light. After several unsuccessful attempts at whacking him with a rolled up magazine, I moved on to trying to whack him down with a shirt. BLAM! Successful! He landed on my bed. So I whacked him again, just to be safe.
Unfortunately, that final whack whooshed him off the bed onto our pile of throw pillows. I couldn’t find him! I was slowly moving pillows, one by one, trying to uncover him, when he slowly crawled up, out of the grave! He was alive!!!! So there I am, at midnight, hitting a bee wildly with a shoe, hoping to finally vanquish him. Which I do. But I had adrenaline pumping for about an hour afterwards! HA!
Sorry… that was a bit of a story! But it was such a funny one, after the fact, that I had to share. Maybe you had to be there… I don’t know… if you read the whole thing, I’m so impressed!
So what were you up to this week? Let me know! Or better yet, link up!
And this week I’ll be sure to get around and visit you all. I’ve been SO BEHIND on that these last few weeks.
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?