How is it that summer vacation is almost half over already?? We’re almost to my birthday at the end of July, and that’s historically my mental half over marker.
Are you having a good summer so far? Do you have super hot weather like we do here in NC? Or do you have a wet, cool summer (jealous)?
I thought I’d check in on how we’re doing with the Summer Bucket List. And I’m doing this mainly for my own benefit (I should have printed off this list to remember!)
What we’ve done so far:
- Plan Hookie Weekends – they got locked into our calendar and we’ve already done two! This needs to be a monthly tradition.
- Visit the Farmers’ Market – did it. Loved it. And, in fact, there were several of our favorite food trucks there, so it kind of knocked the food truck rodeo one off the list, without the crushing crowds!
- Organize Play Dates – I’ve organized a few, BUT thankfully others have this sweet idea on their bucket list too, and we’ve been fairly busy with play dates.
So…. that’s not really much, is it? No. BUT it still so far feels like quite the full summer with plenty to do.
Here’s what I’ve got in the works:
- Visit every city park – We’ve already visited about 10 or so parks to scope them out. I realized, though, that this is kind of a hard one to check off when it’s 90+ degrees outside.
- Go to the Zoo – it’s hard to get motivated to go to the zoo when it’s so hot outside… BUT I did discover a smaller zoo about an hour away (doubles as a in-state road trip!) that gets kids more up close to animals and is cheaper. Win!
- Road Trips – I mentioned last time I wanted to do a in-state and out-of-state road trip. We’ve got a road trip to Michigan coming up in August (check!), and I just need to plan some fun for in-state, and put it on the calendar.
With the second half of summer about to start, I need to grab my calendar and plan days to knock a few more out of the park. Good thing I’ve become more productive lately.
How are your plans for this summer going? Checking some fun things off? Even if you don’t have the summer off, like the good ol’ days, try to plan a few special things!