This week’s featured blogger is Nicole from The Diary of Nicole Alicia! She is currently in London and is doing posts about her travels there. So jealous! If you want some vacation envy, head over. The Harry Potter World is on my bucket list the next time I’m in London. Plus, I discovered Nicole and I both share a love for McVities Digestive Biscuits. Yum! Be sure to swing over and say hi!
And then, before we launch in to week recap mode, can we chat for a second? We try REALLY hard to make H54F not just a link up, but a community, a support for bloggers of all audience sizes, styles, topics, etc! And we’re doing a little brainstorming.
Would you be interested in engaging with one another, regularly, throughout the week? We aren’t sure what that looks like yet… maybe it’s just following one another on social media and sharing each other’s posts. Maybe it’s trying to organize meet ups with those that live close together. I don’t know! BUT if you’re interested in going outside of the usual link up routine and building some camaraderie with one another, let me know! Anyway, our little wheels have been turning, and we just get too excited about these things!!
And now, here was my week!
1. Our 4th of July weekend was tons of fun! Not many pictures, because we mainly hung out with family all weekend and just laughed, ate and enjoyed one another’s company. That’s what matters, right? We caught fireworks out the front window, we put together a puzzle (didn’t complete it, but we tried!), we visited the aquarium, and we watched planes take off and land at the airport.
2. We unfortunately had to leave our family and head home rather abruptly because I got sick. Boo! And it kind of knocked me out of commission all week. But thankfully I’m back on the mend (I think).
3. Can I just say how grateful I am to have such a sweet girl?? Even when I’m having a rough day, Elizabeth is pretty good about being funny! Did you see my IG video yesterday? (I’m @ktcupoftea) It was such a fun game we were playing! Simple joys. (FYI – did you know you could embed pictures or video from IG into posts? I didn’t! Nifty galifty!)
4. I’ve got this looming work deadline (I do a little consulting work at nap times… #napconsulting) that includes two meetings/presentations next week… and I’m DRAGGING my feet on this project. It’s one of those things were it’s all in my head, I just need to commit it to paper in a way that makes sense to others. But it just needs to get DONE!
5. I’m SUPER excited about this weekend! We are doing a picnic/river splashing with friends on Saturday, and then Sunday we’re headed on a train ride. It will be so much fun! Elizabeth hasn’t been on a steam train before, but she’s just now pointing out trains in books and saying “train”. So this may be perfect timing!
So that’s it! Hope you’re having an excellent Friday, and have a happy weekend!!
P.S. Did you see this week’s post about getting out of a rut? I’ve done a few things to get me back on the productivity train! (Meant to do that…) AND I posted an update on how we’re doing with our Summer Bucket list!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?