This week’s featured blogger is Sheryl at How To Make A Life! She is such an inspirational blogger! She took a grief event and turned it into a blog full of encouragement and teaching women how to live full lives. I love her mantra – “Make your mess your message”. Brilliant, right? Go over and soak up some inspiration and motivation!
Who else is blown away with the fact it’s Friday again? Mercy me!
1. It’s officially Fall!! We are officially in “Katie’s Favorite Time of Year” from now until January 6. It takes forever for this time of year to arrive, but then once it starts, it goes so fast! I’m hoping to squeeze in some fun things this Fall, but I’m learning from my mistakes from the Summer Bucket List idea I talked about on Wednesday and avoiding a Fall Bucket List altogether.
2. Did you join us for the really hilarious H54F Hangout last night?? We chatted all about blogging and tips that we know about but sometimes don’t follow. If you missed it, you can watch it here! But really, it was a great time!
3. I’ve been getting out all my Fall decorations this past week. I’m determined to be completely done by early next week. Really, all that is left is my large urn over the fireplace… I thought I had leaf branches to go in it… but that must have been actual REAL branches I used last year! HAHA! So I need to track down some and do it up. Once it’s all done, I’m planning a little decorations tour. I was itching for something new though this year, and I found this beautiful centerpiece at At Home! I love the not-outrageously-fall color scheme.
4. This was also the week for second hand purchases! A few months ago I found Elizabeth a used play kitchen, and she loved it! But I only this week found her play kitchen materials (again, used!). And she played in that kitchen for hours! I also found her a doll cradle this week. I’m saving that for Christmas!
5. This was the week of seeing friends! We had quite a few play dates this week, including a Bible Study, a potluck dinner with friends, and a FaceTime chat! I was reading this blog post from Jaelen over at Making Mrs. M. She was sharing how hard it is to make good friends when you become an adult, and how hard it is to maintain those friendships! So true. I have no problem making tons of acquaintances and be really chatty, but close friends are harder to make. And then finding the time to catch up is really hard in a busy world, even if you live in the same town! What does adulting have to be so challenging?
And to finish up, Whitney from Come Home for Comfort and I were joking around and saying that every H54F post should include one Office quote. So why not 10?
So that’s that! Don’t forget to watch the H54F Hangout, if you haven’t had a chance to yet. And I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
So what were you up to this week? Let me know! Or better yet, link up!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?