Did you miss Sunday’s Google Hangout?? Don’t worry! You can catch up and watch it here! We had such a great time talking about all things Fall. It was a hoot!
Our featured blogger this week is Erin from Chasing Roots! She’s a blogger who’s tiptoed all over the Midwest, and now lives in Texas with her family! You’ll definitely want to see her post today – a look back at past Halloweens! Really cute! Swing over and say hi!
Alrighty – it’s H54F time!
1. Shall we talk about the surprise date? I somehow missed that my husband had “Date Night” blocked off on the calendar Wednesday, but it was such a pleasant surprise! We went out to eat, and then started walking down to the performing arts building. THAT’S when it hit me! We were going to see John Cleese and Eric Idle from Monty Python!! Squeeeeeee!!!
And my sweet husband got really close seats (not those red club chairs… unfortunately, but close!). It was such a fun evening! If you’ve ever been a fan of Monty Python, this would have just made your day! They played a video of an hilarious sketch that I hadn’t seen before. You NEED to see this!
2. Shall I catch you up on the church building project??? Friday and Sunday last week were such big building days! They got all the exterior walls up, to start prepping for the roof. Monday all the trusses were put up. Unfortunately, rain settled in Tuesday and Wednesday, so construction stopped. I didn’t get a chance to go over yesterday, but plan to swing down there today to see what they all need. But here’s a video of Sunday!
3. It was a fairly quiet blog week over here this week, BUT it was a busy video week! I caught up on uploading all the Vlogtober vids I was behind on, AND managed to record a few extras. This week’s favorite Vlogtober video is all about getting to know Elizabeth. We had a fun time filming that! FYI – if you’re not subscribed to my YouTube channel, do it now! I’m almost to 500 subscribers! But here’s a little video of Elizabeth and I – short, but hilarious!
4. On Tuesday, before the rain settled in, we managed to sneak in a quick family walk. It was so nice to crunch through the leaves. There’s nothing better than that crisp, Fall air – that smell of cool air and dried leaves. Such a delightful smell!
5. This weekend should be delightfully quiet, compared to last weekend! We are providing food for our church building volunteers on Saturday (that reminds me… need to go out and grab some ingredients!) and Sunday I’m sure I’ll head to the site for a little bit. But I’m looking forward to some quiet, relaxing moments this weekend. It’s been such a busy month or two that I’m not exactly sure what to do with this slight wind down… BUT it’s fun getting over to the site to check in, go grocery shopping for the cooks, and help where I can!
So what were you up to this week? Let me know! Or better yet, link up!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?