This week’s featured blogger is Tanya from Prairie Girl! She blogs about all her fun adventures – both on the road and at home, and even sneaks in some delicious recipes too! Her recent post about her favorite spots in NYC has me itching for travel! Go over and say hi!!
Here’s what we were up to at our house!
1. Thanksgiving was delightful! We traveled up to Virginia Beach to celebrate with my in laws, and we had so much fun. Elizabeth, from the moment she woke up, was so excited to go to “Grandaddy’s house!”. And she had a blast playing with her cousin. We also went to the zoo, which was a ton of fun! Elizabeth was so in to it. She even grabbed the map, helped me find the next animal to go see, and then spotted the same animals on the signs. What fun!
2. Speaking of Elizabeth – moms, I need reassurance. Elizabeth is 26 months… and for the last month she’s been waking up SUPER early… normally she sleeps at night from 7 – 7, no problems. Now she’s having a hard time falling asleep and then waking up at 4:00… she’s clearly still tired. I’ll go in to her room and tell her it’s not time to get up yet. She’s yawning, but awake. What is going on??? Anyone else have a toddler that did this? I don’t want to radically change her sleep habits, and I figure this is a phase. Someone tell me you’ve been through this, too!
3. I’m kind of annoyed that Thanksgiving is over, and that I had to take down all of my Fall decorations. I’m actually still bitter October is over! October was SO busy and fast that I wish we could go back. I’m not a Scrooge! BUT October, November and December are my favorite months, and the fact that we’re at December now makes me sad. I can’t believe my favorite time of the year is almost over! I’m slowly getting out the Christmas decorations, and am slowly getting into the Christmas spirit. Anyone else having a hard time getting excited for Christmas?
4. Because we’ve all been sick for so long (feels like forever!) I’ve been behind on blogging. When the sun came out on Thursday, I pulled the camera out and recorded 4 videos back to back! HAHA! I actually love doing videos! Part of me wonders if I should move to doing more videos than blogging? I don’t know… but it felt good to get a bunch done. I’m also trying to vlog a little this month. Not intense! But it’s always fun to see what people do during the Christmas season.
5. Speaking of videos, did you see yesterday’s November Favorites video? Stay tuned for the end of December – I’ll be sharing my FAVORITE favorites from the year!
What were you up to this week? It’s time to link up!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?