Did you notice? H54F is now going live at 8AM EST! That’s one extra hour to edit, finish up (or just write – which is totally fine!). Hope it didn’t cause too much confusion this morning.
This week’s featured blogger is Melissa from The Happy Little Hive! Her blog has an amazing collection of recipes, DIY projects, and home fun. Are you stuck with snow this weekend?? Check out her AMAZING recipe for crock pot vegetable beef soup. And I’ll definitely be curling up on the sofa this weekend with the adult coloring pages she found. Go swing over and say hello!!
So, how was your week?
1. Today we’re supposed to be getting a HUGE winter storm. It’s suppose to be a mix of snow and rain/ice until Saturday afternoon. When that happens, the whole area just completely shuts down. I did the usual run to the grocery store pre-storm on Thursday morning and bought, not milk and bread, but ingredients for cinnamon rolls and 7 layer dip. Priorities. Which begs the question – what do you stock up on before a big snow storm?
This whole meme is playing out right now on my local parent FB group! The South and snow!
2. Speaking of food, we finished up our 2 weeks of the Blue Apron service this week. It was fun to try some new recipes and have pretty food! Look out for a full review in a few weeks. But in case you didn’t see it on Instagram (*cough cough* don’t forget to follow me!) I posted the yummy dishes! Our favorite was definitely this butternut squash and poblano pepper soup.
Followed by this yummy panzanella salad with apples and blue cheese.
3. We are in full swing getting Elizabeth’s big girl room decorated! I’m actually decorating this room more than I did the nursery when she was born! HAHA! Her theme (ish… I’m not a huge theme girl) is shabby chic/garden. She picked out her own bed linens (I may have persuaded her a little) and we’re reusing some of my husband’s childhood furniture. We also set up her antique bed. She is in love! I can’t wait until it is all finished.
4. Will you also be stuck this weekend with the snowstorm?? Then might I suggest a binge-watching marathon of Making a Murderer on Netflix? We FLEW through that series in a matter of days. There were a few nights in a row where we stayed up until midnight (rare for us!) because each episode ended at a cliff hanger. Such a good series! Watch it, if you haven’t already.
And if you have seen it, here’s a list of crime documentaries to watch next!
5. Last week I saw that Caitlin mentioned she’s obsessed with Bullet Journals and was getting ready to start her own. I’ve been obsessed for a while but seeing her mention it made me reignite my excitement! I spent a TON of time on Pinterest scanning blog posts like this one! And then I stumbled on this FB group where all the chatter is about bullet journals. Even if you have ZERO idea what a bullet journal is, seeing how everyone organizes their days is fascinating!
And if reading about lists isn’t your thing, I’ve also been obsessed with scanning this FB group all about cleaning!
6. On the blog this week:
What were you up to this week? Let me know!