This week’s featured blogger is Keri from Living in this Season! I’ve been reading her awesome blog for a few years now. If you’re looking for encouragement and uplifting posts about living life to its fullest as a mom and woman, then her blog is for you! This post about finding community is such a great one! She is such a sweet spirit. And that conference I went to a month or so ago?? Yeah, totally met Keri there too! Whitney and I randomly picked a seat RIGHT behind her! Such fun. Go over and say hello!
It didn’t seem like we were up to much this week other than the usual… but there were a few highlights!
1. Mother’s Day was a fun day! I basically just didn’t want to cook a meal, so we hit up all my favs. We had breakfast at our favorite diner first. Elizabeth may love that place more than me!! And then we headed to Hillsborough for a walk on their Riverwalk path, which conveniently ends at an awesome playground! We played there (and by we, I mean my husband and Elizabeth… I sat in the shade!) for about an hour and then walked the half mile back along the river. There is also a REALLY cool stick house along the path. How to describe it…….. it’s a large castle/house thing made entirely of woven sticks! It’s really awesome! Elizabeth loves that, zooming in and out of all the little doors and peeking through the windows. Perfect morning! Our evening was really just watching fun movies with Elizabeth. A fun, relaxing day!
2. Remember last week when I mentioned the concert we went to? Funny story! While finding the concert, we drove past a pizza place called Tito’s Pizza. BUT someone really clever designed the logo to that the O in Tito was a pic of a pizza. So it then looked like it had a….. really strange name. I wish I had snapped a pic! But thankfully, Google provides.
3. This week I noticed that this baby boy dropped down considerably… so I decided it was my sign to start finishing up what I needed to finish up in preparations. It was a productive week! Not productive on the blog, but productive at home. I even ran to our local consignment shop and scored a TON of PJs (which is what he’ll basically live in the first few months of his life… who needs an outfit when you’re tiny and pooping constantly?). I rambled on all about the feels right now with this pregnancy yesterday if you missed it.
4. Along those same lines…. in my shopping yesterday, I quickly realized that buying clothes for a boy is SO much harder than buying girl clothes. The selection is so horrible! Unless you want a baby boy dressed in nothing but sports related clothing… where do you boy moms buy your boy clothes????
5. And HEAR YE! HEAR YE! Yesterday I did something that has probably NEVER been attempted in the history of mankind. I went to Target and stuck to ONLY my shopping list! No extra doodads from the Dollar Spot! No random nail polishes! No “hey it’s all on sale!” stock ups. I’m so impressed with myself! My key takeaway from it was this – always shop at Target when you’re in a time crunch. Don’t go when you’ve got time to kill….
What were you up to this week? Let me know!