Today’s featured blogger is Jean Claire from Vogue Happiness! Love her blog spirit! She blogs about all the things in life that makes her happy! You HAVE to check out her easy recipe for a cucumber salad. I’ve been craving this for weeks, and now it’s a sign I must make this. Swing over and say Happy Friday to Jean Claire!
Hello August! (Anyone else pining for Fall yet??) Anyone REALLY excited for the Olympics? I’m hauling out the USA gear for dinner tonight and we plan on staying up a little to watch the opening ceremonies (until we doze off…)
Anyway, this week it was another fun week full of fun memories!
1. My birthday was on Sunday and it was a nice, quiet, chill day. I love OTHER people’s birthdays, but don’t really care about celebrating mine. Must be a summer birthday thing. But we went out to eat, I made my husband run to Costco for a birthday berry pie (their berry pie is so yummy!) and I watched The Great British Bake Off. I’m obsessed! Anyone else watching it? And can I be friends with Mary Berry? (Or at least get invited over for tea and dessert?)
2. So I got over my cold, but then Elizabeth and William both picked it up. Mercy. They both seemed to be better yesterday, so fingers crossed it’s over.
3. I finally had a moment to snap some 2 month pictures of William. They were all so adorable! Thank goodness for the rapid picture taking mode, though! I got up an update on the blog this week, so check it out!
4. Anyone else enjoying the new Instagram Stories thingy? Even though I JUST started using SnapChat (and understanding it) I really like having all the social media features in one app. And plus, I was thinking Instagram was getting too upidty. Everyone was obsessed with only posting “pretty” pictures… but I always thought of it as a fun behind-the-scenes platform. Now I’ve got the best of both worlds! (You can follow me on IG @ktcupoftea). I did put up on SnapChat some videos of Elizabeth doing my makeup. It was hilarious! It needs to be a formal video. She basically told me she was making me look like a raccoon… which was accurate.
5. Yesterday we had a fun morning! Our local library hosted a puppet show and it was a hoot. It was at the downtown library branch, which we hadn’t been to before, and it was nice to check it out before going to the puppet show. Elizabeth had a great time!
Just a girl, her monkey, and some library puzzles.
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!