Today’s featured blogger is Jessie from The Acquired Sass! She’s a blogger from Pittsburgh who loves fitness, food and the everyday. Check out her latest post on budgeting! It’s full of practical tips that can help you feel a little more confident when adulting and doing the whole budget thing. Swing over and say hello!
How is it Friday already?? I swear, wasn’t it just the weekend?
1. Friends, there is a reason you overbuy holiday decorations, particularly when they go on sale. Friday I was just itching to celebrate the Olympics so I hauled out my 4th of July bin and grabbed some doodads to help us set up a fun Olympics dinner. I even got Elizabeth to tackle a few crafts, including an Olympic ring toss game. Also, I’m thinking craft paper and crayons need to be on our dining table all the time!
We also stayed up late to watch some of the Olympic opening ceremony. Elizabeth was so jazzed to be up late, but we all weren’t thrilled with the commercials. Unfortunately the late night on Friday made for an EXTRA crabby kiddo all day on Saturday, and, therefore, an EXTRA crabby mommy. I definitely didn’t want to be a parent that day…
2. Sunday we had back-to-back birthday parties on the other side of town. I tackled the first party as a solo parent and mercy! It was a parent fail morning. I completely forgot it was a swimming/backyard party and we arrived in entirely the wrong clothing. I forgot Elizabeth’s swim suit so she borrowed a pair of Cars underwear and wore that. I sweat and sweat and sweat in my jeans. Ugh.
Thankfully a sweet friend snapped AMAZING pictures at both parties!
3. Sunday afternoon was a pool party! This was Elizabeth’s first proper time swimming, so I brought a set of puddle jumpers (fancy word for “floaties”) for her. My husband and I both thought she SHOULD wear it, but we somehow thought the other was nonchalant about it. So she went straight for the kid pool without the floaties. And about 2 minutes later, she trips and is floating, in the water, face down!! So terrifying! I develop some sort of superhero speed and run, in the water, right to her and haul her out, well before the life guard gets to her. Thankfully she came up not even coughing! Just wide eyed and said “woah, mommy!”. She wasn’t phased at all, but Mommy and Daddy were…. we all needed a family “cool down” on the side of the pool before we let her go back in, this time WITH the floaties.
It makes you realize it takes just seconds for a little one to get into trouble in the pool. Thankfully I was staring at her when she tripped, so she was underwater for just a few seconds, but still. My husband and I were shaken up about it until we went to bed!
4. Monday I got my hair cut, and I went to a Great Clips! I was actually pleasantly surprised! I have a boring haircut as it is, so it’s not complicated. But I was in and out in 20 minutes and paid $18, which includes tip! Win! I really hate having to pay for shampoo and a scalp massage (which gives me the heebie jeebies) so I was thrilled with just a quick spritz with the water bottle, a cut, and go! If you watched my Instagram Stories you would have seen the cut. *cough go follow* But stay tuned next week for a NEW video for the famous Great Clips doo 🙂
5. This week’s workouts were SO intense. We had 2 days of 1,000 rep challenges… and I can barely move. Basically 10 different moves, and each move you complete 100 reps. So 1,000 reps total. BUT I’m proud to say I made it to 4 out of 5 days! 5am is STILL an awful time to wake up and go work out, but once I walk into the building it’s all fine. Plus, there is nothing more satisfying than coming home to a house where everyone is STILL all asleep 🙂 If you’re curious, I go to Burn Boot Camp. There are locations in several states, and it’s classes for women only. (Plus free childcare at some of the classes!)
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!