Today’s featured blogger is Sam from Picture Almost Perfect! She’s a mom to a family of 6! Her sweet blog is full of stories about family adventures, home projects and tons of fun. She’s been blogging since December 2015 so her blogiversary is coming up!! You can get to know her by catching up on her Blogtember posts (looked like it was a fun challenge!). Go say hello to Sam!
I’ve been so MIA the last few months… I’d like to say that bugs me, but I’m ok with that. Here’s why…
1. Family time has been trumping everything lately. With a new baby, and a big sister that needs as much mommy time as I can spare, my free time is limited. But I have actually been LOVING all this great family time. Random playground trips, play dates, trips to treasure hunt for fun things. Can’t get enough!
2. William has been such a fun baby! He’s constantly smiling, laughing and taking in all the excitement Elizabeth has to offer. He’s now 4.5 months old. Can’t believe it! And Elizabeth celebrated her 3rd Birthday on Tuesday! She had a week-long celebration with visits from Grandparents, but her official birthday was Tuesday. She is such a sweet, smart, funny girl.
3. I’ve been prioritizing quiet time lately and not doing anything other than relaxing, reading and enjoying the peace.
4. Is the weather beautiful where you are?? After all the crazy hurricane weather Friday/Saturday last week, we emerged on the other side of it with the most perfect Fall weather. Blue skies, a little breeze, and no hotter than 70. It’s ideal!! We’ve been doing a lot of playground time, neighborhood walks and backyard stick collecting. And dining al fresco has become a daily tradition.
5. The last few months have been all about family. Time with the kids. Time with my husband. We have become the masters of last minute dates nights! We’ve got our baby sitter on text response, so if that evening we want to head out, we just text her! It’s great! (Parent Pro Tip – Always have a high school baby sitter! She’s always willing to come over!) It’s been nice having more family time squeezed into the weeks.
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!