Can you believe it’s Friday already? The days are long… but the weeks are short!
1. Last weekend we had SUCH a busy Saturday. We had church, stayed after for a potluck lunch, and then went straight from there to a birthday party. We were away from the house from 10am to 7pm! Unfortunately, when those days happen, the kiddos never get the memo to sleep in the following day. HA! So we drowned our sorrows by going to our favorite breakfast place Sunday morning. That made it all better.
2. I checked “Decorate for Spring” off my list this week, and I was SO happy to do that! I feel like it takes me forever to decorate for the seasons. And I often decorate some areas of the house to basically last the whole Spring/Summer season, so this particular time of year takes a lot of effort to get it done. I also often fail at decorating the mantel. But I’m semi-pleased with it this year!
3. Basketball time! I love March basketball. This week we’ve watched 3 Duke basketball games… and I’m already hyperventilating about tonight’s conference semi-finals game against UNC. Every time they play together it’s a tough, hard fought game. But I’ve got my Duke colors on today, ready to go!
4. Ready for the Elizabeth Story of the Week? We were in the car, stopped at a stop light. From the back seat I hear Elizabeth say, “Mommy! Those dollies are so big! Can we go inside to see them?”. I look out the window and we’ve stopped right by an……….. adult store…….. and she has spied the mannequins in the windows, all dressed……. in an interesting way. This means I know HAVE to find a new way to Costco…….
5. This weekend my parents are in town visiting us. Hooray! I adore my parents, and it’s always a treat when they get to visit. So we are all going to soak as much family time up as possible.
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!