It’s been quite a few months since William’s last update! But thankfully, on the day of his 9 month birthday, the sun was shining and he was in a good mood! So we took the opportunity to snap a few pictures.
And that outfit he has on? It was originally worn by my husband. *cue a big ‘awwwwwwww’*
William’s last update was at 5 months and, obviously, a lot has changed since then.
The biggest change is that he’s crawling all around. And mercy! He’s speedy. Elizabeth was very content to sit on the floor and play with toys in whatever room you were in. William knows he’s missing out on something in another room and it’s not long before he’s scampering off. He loves any toy of Elizabeth’s, especially one where she’s said “no William, it’s precious to me!” to him. (Classic little brother)
He is a delightful baby, though! He’s quick to smile and laugh. He’s got the most delightful cowlick which gives him a mohawk. William also has become a ham. At church, it’s not long before someone else swoops in to hold him. One week every time I glanced back he was being held by another teenager. HA!
Anyway, here’s a little update on what he’s been up to!
Height/Weight: At the last weigh in he was 18.5 lbs (48%) and 26.1″ (11%). But that was at 6.5 months… I’m sure there’s an extra inch or two in there now. He looks oh so chunky. But lately I’ve noticed he’s lengthening out.
Routine: Who doesn’t love to see a good ol’ schedule?? It’s been the same basic schedule the last few months, which I’m happy about.
Here’s his current routine.
- 7:00am – Wake up and bottle
- 7:30am – Eat breakfast
- 9:30am – Nap
- 11:00am – Bottle + Snack
- 12:00pm – Lunch with Elizabeth
- 1:00pm – Nap
- 3:00pm – Bottle + Snack
- 4:30pm – Usually is demanding some sort of food…
- 5:00pm – Dinner
- 6:00pm – Head up for bottle, story and bed
- 6:30pm – Lights out!
Sleeping: I’ve determined William is a light sleeper. He only wakes up once in the night, and it’s usually to chat for a few minutes. I can handle that! He also sleeps better at night when his naps are no longer than 2 hours a piece. But overall, can’t complain! He’s got such a cute snuggling routine when he’s sleepy. Elizabeth never did that! She wanted to be dropped in the crib and not disturbed.
Eating: Thankfully he’s backed off on formula bottles and now gobbles up real food! I remember Elizabeth doing the same thing. He at first couldn’t be bothered by food at 6 months. Now I can’t drop it on his tray fast enough. Seriously… this kid screeches if there isn’t any food in front of him.
Spitting up is also gone. He may dribble a bit while crawling around, but other than that it’s disappeared. We even run errands without a bib on now!!
His favorite foods are strawberries and blueberries, cheerios, avocado, sweet potato, and basically anything that comes in a pouch (he’s a big fan of those baby food pouches…)
Sizes: William is wearing size 4 diapers and wearing 12 month clothes. There are a few 9 month pjs and pants hanging around, but for the most part they are gone.
Milestones: Since it’s been quite a few months since the last update, here’s what’s been going on:
- Finally started enjoying solids and feeding himself at almost 7 months
- Started officially crawling at 7 months
- Enjoys screeching at the top of his lungs
- Started babbling at around 8 months
- First “word” was maaaaaaaama (I’m calling it… claiming it!)
- At 9 months he’s babbling up a storm. He’s clearly trying to tell us something
- William can pull up to stand on shorter things, but still can’t quite figure out how to pull up on the coffee tables (thank goodness)
- He doesn’t sit still and play. He constantly crawls around to explore.
- The bathroom is a great mystery to him. He’s dying to know what goes on in there.
- Elizabeth is his idol.
- He doesn’t understand that “no dishwasher!” means no…. he just looks at me, grins and goes on trying to touch those dirty dishes.
- Unlike his sister, William could care less about sitting on my lap to look at books.
- Music and any loud noises are his groove of choice.