You know it was a good week when you start to think about it and you realize there are zero pictures! That means I was totally in the zone. 🙂
1. I made a mistake on LinkedIn… For whatever reason I decided to log in to LinkedIn this week (haven’t done that for almost 2 years!) and started clicking around on old co-workers’ profiles, just to see what was up with them. Turns out those folks all saw that I had viewed their profiles, so I got several emails the next day about “when I was coming back to work”. Ooops! Not today, friends. Not today… but question for those of you that did go back to work after having kids, when did you know the time was right?
2. Elizabeth had to go to the dentist this week, and I’m pretty confident she thought it was the best day ever. She was SO happy the entire time. I love her “happy to be here” spirit!
3. I have a fun side project going on right now. My dad recently retired, but is now setting up his consulting business (as one does once they retire. Seriously… is this a normal thing in retirement???). So he’s enlisted the help of his marketing-background daughter who now also has online marketing experience (yay me!). He also has a cracker-jack graphic designer on board (hooray for my sister!). So it’s been fun talking “business” with him and getting him all set up. You’d think that a former VP of a huge consumer goods company would be able to figure things out, but he does actually need his daughter duo team. Right now I’ve been mapping out his website and brand messaging. I’ve ACTUALLY got a huge sheet of paper taped to the wall of the playroom where I’ve been mind mapping it all out. I LOVE IT!
4. Date night last night was a hoot. We actually started out at a different restaurant just for drinks with some of my husband’s co-workers. It was nice to put names and faces together. We didn’t anticipate staying as long as we did! But it was fun chatting with everyone. I actually love being in the situation of not knowing anyone in a group. It’s like a secret mission to find one thing in common with each person so you have a talking point.
5. I read a pretty powerful verse this week, and it’s stuck with me. Isn’t it amazing to know that the Creator of the Universe, this big God, actually takes personal interest in you?
Today’s featured blogger is Jennie from A Pocketful of Polka Dots! She’s a great fashion blogger with so many great, affordable looks!! Be sure to check her out and say hi!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!