Loved reading stories about your H54F friendships last week! Thank you for joining in with us!
How was your week? Let’s share!
1. This weekend we were chill and low key. It was lovely! Sunday we actually had a spontaneous brunch with some friends. We went over to their house and had just a great time! They are expecting their first child any day now so it was a hoot letting William test all of their baby proofing ha!
And then in the afternoon my husband headed out to the back yard to raise up Elizabeth’s little fort she has. It’s now as high as it can go, and it’s SO COOL! Elizabeth is a huge climber. So now that it’s a little higher she loves that she can climb around so easily. My husband and I just sat in our chairs and watched her play for about an hour. Ah bliss!
2. Did you ever compete for the Presidential Fitness Awards in school? If you were a kid of the 90s then you must have! Every year we had a series of different fitness tests to complete – run a mile, push ups, pull ups, sit ups – and if you did so many you got either the National level (second place) or Presidential level (first place). Each year I hit all the Presidential level milestones……. EXCEPT the pull up. I still can’t do a pull up to save my life. So each year I ended up with “participant”. It was frustrating! One year I cheated on the pull ups and managed to get myself a National level badge. Hooray! (it was a hallow victory)
This week we went to a thrift/rummage shop where the kids could stuff a bag full of “treasures” for $5. Tons of fun digging in all the barrels of stuff they had – rubber bands, plastic tops, ribbons, wood scraps, etc. But I managed to find an actual Presidential level badge!!!! I snuck it in Elizabeth’s bag! HA! So hooray! I won Presidential level!
3. For the last month, Elizabeth has been doing so well transitioning from afternoon naps to no naps. I don’t want to jinx us, but basically every day she’s content to play in her room for almost 2 hours each afternoon while William is napping! So I get the benefits of afternoon naps but she’s still tired at about 6pm or so each evening and falls asleep right away. Occasionally though I’ve caught her asleep in her room, which is fine! Her preferred sleeping spot is in her little princess tent, surrounded by all of her friends.
4. Today should be a crazy start! As you’re reading this, we’re over at Duke Children’s hospital for a endocrine check up for Elizabeth. She goes each year to get blood drawn and have her hormone levels (particularly ones for growth) checked. Elizabeth was born with some genetic abnormalities, and concerns about growth hormones was one of her potential side effects. THANKFULLY she has shown no signs that her body isn’t producing adequately. But yesterday she was already pep-talking her self up. She kept telling me that “I need to get a shot. But it hurts just a little. I will be brave.”. Ah, my sweet girl. That’s where Elizabeth and her mommy share a trait.
5. Oh friends. I’ve been trying to find time to edit the last few weeks’ vlogs, but there has been no time! It’s so frustrating. I think I’m actually 3 weeks behind. Oi. There have been two other blog posts though! YAY! If you missed the other blog posts this week check out my meal planning post and video AND an update on my 60 Day Habit experiment!
Today’s featured blogger is Tara from Mommy In a Nutshell! She’s a wife and mommy of 2 (soon to be 3!) kiddos! She has baby #3 on the way and loved reading her first trimester update. She also has a great round up of things you need before you hit the back-to-school rush. Loved her tip about stocking up on germ-fighting supplies! Tissues, medicines, etc. Because you know your house will be a germ fest once kids are back to school! Swing over and say hello!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!