This week… didn’t go right. Sometimes you have the most carefully-laid plans for a week, and then it all blows up!
Here’s the thing, today’s post is going to be more “statement of fact” instead of highlights. I can barely remember what happened a few days ago!
1. We had real snow last weekend! Isn’t that glorious? I couldn’t believe it when it started, but we did. It was mostly ice, to be accurate.
2. There was enough ice/snow that my father-in-law, who was in town for business, couldn’t drive back to his house. So he stayed with us!
3. My big plan for the week was to buy Christmas decorations for our new church. You might remember that we moved in to a new church at the beginning of the year, after years of renting? Well we haven’t had a need for Christmas decorations so far, and it feels less than festive in our church. So I offered to buy stuff and decorate! Thankfully, the bonus of buying decorations NOW instead of a few weeks ago means that everything is on sale 🙂
4. Unfortunately, my careful planning for my week got messed up when William came down with the flu/GI bug early Thursday morning…. I scrambled! Thankfully, there were several people willing to jump in and help!
5. The church DID get decorated last night, thanks to an enthusiastic group of volunteers! It looks really good! But I’m tired from being up so late!!! I plan on hopping over there later this morning to write down an inventory of what we used, to remember for next year. I’ll take you on an InstaStory tour while I’m there!
This week’s featured blogger is Amanda from Cupcake N Dreams! And today is the day to visit her blog! Her post today is a great gift guide! PLUS she has a GIVEAWAY for $25 to Nordstrom! High excitement! Go over and visit Amanda!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!