Can you believe Christmas is just around the corner? We did some last minute prep this week and now we’re ready to cruise into the joyous holiday! This week was a real zoomer. I blinked and then it was over. Here are some highlights (sans pics, because we were so busy!)
1. Our weekend was festive! We had our church Christmas play on Saturday and it was a hoot. And then on Sunday we went over to Elizabeth’s school’s church (that’s complicated, right?) for their Christmas cantata. It was so wonderful! I miss singing in choir.
2. How did you get your Christmas presents this year? Did you go to the mall? Physically shop? Or did you just online shop? I blitzed through the last of my shopping online on Amazon. It was so easy! We definitely kept UPS and the postman very busy.
3. Elizabeth had a fun Christmas party at her school on Wednesday. It was so sweet seeing how pleased she was with the handmade gifts she made. Her sweet teacher gave Elizabeth some gingerbread play dough. It smells SO good! She immediately started crafting with it. Next thing I know she shouts “Mom! Look at my Nativity scene”.
4. Thursday we got to do something pretty special. My husband asked if I could round up some friends to sing Christmas carols at his dialysis clinic. So a small group of us, with kiddos in tow, went and sang carols for an hour. It was the most delightful time! I plan next year to be a little more organized and try to visit a few more of his clinics. But boy! Did it bring some joy to the patients and to us! And I think next year we’ll add this song to our list.
5. I stayed up WAY too late last night. I had a last minute cup of coffee because I wanted to wrap presents… and before I know it, after a 5 episode The Office Christmas marathon, I was up past midnight. Oops! But The Office Christmas episodes are SO good!
This week’s featured blogger is Jacklyn at Girl Living Life! This week she’s featured a new cookie recipe each day – yum! Which is perfect if you’ve delayed making your cookies so far this year (me!). Her no bake Sweet Marie bars look amazing! And I loved reading through her post last week about her favorite Christmas traditions. We share quite a few! Be sure to swing over and say hi to Jacklyn.
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!