We’ve had a great week!
1. We always have busy weekends around here. Last weekend was no exception! It was a busy day at church. I teach the middle school class, and it was a full house! It’s always nice to have lots of kids there. And then for our main service, we had a visiting school’s bell choir, which my kids were SO excited to watch! But mercy, it was a longer service than normal, and it was exhausting to keep the kids calm. HA! Any other parents just celebrate inside when church ends and you’ve survived another service? HA! This phase doesn’t last forever, but it keeps me on my toes while it does last.
2. I’ve been thinking about creating a pantry in my kitchen for over a year. We don’t have an actual pantry inside. I’ve dedicated several cabinets to spices, sauces, and snacks, and then have shelves in the garage for canned goods, etc. But I wanted to turn a glass-doored cabinet into a pantry for things like grains, pastas, etc. I finally got started yesterday! I organized it a little. I still need to organize the garage shelves. My goal is to minimize the number of ingredients that I need to buy. For example, if a recipe calls for brown rice, but I only have quinoa on hand, I’ll just use the quinoa instead of buying brown rice. I’m getting tired of storing half-used containers of spices or ingredients that I needed for one random recipe. So by moving some pantry storage into the kitchen where I can easily see what I have, I hope to eliminate those random half-used ingredients.
3. We had BEAUTIFUL weather this week! It was in the 70s and it gave us a taste of spring. I’m a little nervous that with the weather getting so nice already that it will mean a nasty, humid summer. But we did spend a lot of time outside. Picnics, digging in dirt, neighborhood walks. Doesn’t get any better than that!
4. Elizabeth has been loving her weekly gymnastics class! She’s doing well, and it’s fun to watch her focus so hard. William is not enjoying the class… he wishes he could run out on the floor with Elizabeth, and keeping him off on the side is proving to be hard work. There is thankfully a little corner with bars, rings, and large mats for him to climb on, and we spend most of the class there. He’s REALLY good at the rings! He holds on, swings and hangs for quite a while. This explains why he can grab heavy things and pull away.
5. My husband ordered a new toy for us! He bought a rowing machine! It’s actually really fun to use. It’s hard to do the motions correctly, so you’re focused quite a bit while you’re rowing. And it has the time go very fast! Yesterday, Elizabeth came in to jump on her trampoline and watch her action songs while I rowed, and it went by SO FAST! Rowing apparently is the most effective cardio workout because you’re working all your major upper and lower body muscle groups, including core and glutes, at once. I’m looking forward to getting better at it!
This week’s featured blogger is Nina from A World of Dresses! Nina loves exploring the world wearing fantastic dresses! She’s got a dress on almost every day. And right now, she’s living in Spain! Her travel posts and pictures are just delightful and I love seeing where Nina is visiting next. If you have travel plans in the future for Europe, check out Nina’s blog for tips! Swing over and say hello to Nina!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!