First off, our featured blogger this week is our very own Tif!! Yesterday, she gave birth to her sweet baby girl. I’ll let her do the official announcement and introduction, but we are all just so thrilled for her and her family. New babies are glorious! Congratulations Tif!
So clearly this week has been exciting! Let’s dive in!
1. On Sunday it was time for another monthly brunch with our friends! It was just the BEST time. Nothing brings me greater joy than quality time with people. Our kids ran around and got muddy outside. Adults actually enjoyed hot coffee! Friends, I want to encourage you to look at your calendar for the next month and schedule something NOW for quality time with friends or family. Just plan it now. You will never regret that!
2. I am such a history junkie. If there is some sort of historic event going on, I’m glued to the TV. This week I’ve been glued to the TV watching the coverage of Billy Graham’s passing. What an amazing, humble man that did so much for the kingdom of God! I actually went to hear him when he came to Columbus back in the 90s. I don’t remember what he said, but I do remember being in a baseball stadium and seeing so many people at church. So on Wednesday, I watched the service at Captial Hill. It was so moving! It’s amazing to me that one man impacted millions of lives!!
3. This week I learned something about William. The poor kid hates stickers! He came running to me bawling because he had a sticker stuck on his finger! So I took it off and stuck it on my nose. He flipped out! So as a last step, I stuck it on HIS nose! Poor kid.
4. I have been sorting and purging a lot lately! It’s one of my favorite things. I have made 3 trips so far this week. It’s lovely to go room by room, closet by closet, and sort through things. I love it!
5. One of my favorite memories from the week was a walk that never ended. HA! One of my friends suggested a short hike with the kids to see a natural patch of daffodils! We could snap some spring pictures, enjoy the day, and have fun! So we spent about 20 minutes frolicking in the daffodils! And then we decided to keep walking! Almost 2 miles later, we got back to our cars just before darkness set in. Myself and my kids had sore feet because I thought we should wear rain boots since it had been raining so much. I carried William for at least half of that hike! But you know what?? We laughed so much! The kids climbed over fallen trees, picked so many daffodils, and explored so much! We were SO sore the next day but it was high adventure!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!