How was your week? Another week done and in the books.
1. Our weekend was great but SO busy! It was one of those weekends where we wished we had another weekend to recover from our weekend. We started off with our usual church craziness on Saturday. Then in the afternoon we had a kid party. On Sunday, Elizabeth and I attended a baby baptism and then the whole family joined in for the post-baptism lunch! It was so much fun! I know I’ve mentioned that my love language is quality time. And our weekend was FULL of it!
2. The weather here in Durham has been so variable lately. One minute it’s sunny and warm. The next it’s raining and cold. I’m not counting down the days until Spring (because that means Summer is right around the corner. Ugh) but it’s hard doing outdoor stuff when it’s so cold and wet. So we’ve been pining for sunny days around here! This photo was snapped during a rare, sweet moment between these two.
3. I’ve been trying to find time to read more. I also aspire to read a lot. But often something else gets in the way. My latest two books have been on my “to read” list for a while. The Little Book of Hygge has gotten quite a bit of buzz, and it was a good, quick read! It’s a fun book to read for tips on making life happier and cozier. And Gods and Kings is a Biblical historical fiction, based on King Hezikiah. I love historical fiction, and this book is book #1 in a series. I love series! So win win! It’s nice to shake up my reading list with actual grown up books, instead of 4 new stories from Pinkalicious.
4. This week Elizabeth had “Demonstration Day” at her gymnastics class. It was SO CUTE watching Elizabeth and her buds running around showing off their moves. Each child got a ribbon and Elizabeth was just SO proud!
5. But then, Elizabeth got sick this week. Wednesday she definitely didn’t look like herself, so I kept her home from school. Thankfully my husband could stay home with her for an hour because I was hosting a Parents Coffee Hour at preschool. I get my social on! And then yesterday she was even worse! But thankfully as the day went on she perked up. Phew! And just in time. Because this weekend we’re heading up to Virginia Beach to celebrate my niece’s 4th birthday! Can’t be toting Durham Germs.
This week’s featured blogger is K. Elizabeth from Southern Sagittarius! She’s a blogger living in the south, and loves to share her favorites! If you’re looking for some new reads, Elizabeth is your girl! Swing over to say hello!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!