I hope you had a wonderful week! It was one of those normal weeks. One of those weeks were we just went about our regular routine. And it was delightful!
First off, thanks for all the comments around last week’s post and my lesson on grace from my husband. We’ve all been there – reactive, grumpy attitudes triggered by the crazies (like kids!). My attitude last week was ridiculous, and I’m grateful for a husband that saw I needed a quiet afternoon to myself and was quick to forgive me.
Anyway, on to this week!
1. We had a rough start to the weekend. William got sick in the car JUST as we pulled into the parking lot at school on Friday. WAAAAAAAA! Friday is the day both kids are at school and I had a whole list of things I was going to do. He thankfully didn’t seem sick otherwise, but we had to keep both kids home from church on Saturday, just in case. But thankfully, by the evening, the kids were sick-free for over 24 hours and we were able to meet friends at a new playground! Elizabeth and William both had a blast, and my husband and I had fun catching up with friends.
2. Sunday was lovely weather in the morning! So the kids and I went outside for some fun. My husband hauled out the ol’ kids car, and after a quick spider web sweep, the kids could use it. But they were having a hard time sharing. So I quickly rustled up some dishpans of soapy water and let them wash the car! It was about 30 minutes of working together and peace 🙂
3. Another fun outdoor activity we have loved lately is playing with water beads! Elizabeth has fun “cooking” with them. And then she was pretending to wash them. William was mastering pouring the water beads. It’s the perfect activity when you aren’t really up for playing chase but you can all be together.
4. One of my big projects this week was organizing the kids’ class closet at church. When we first moved into our new church I did an initial purge/declutter of supplies and tried to organize everything. But it was in need of a second purge and declutter. It went a lot faster than I expected! Monday I went through the items and tossed any trash and reorganized what we had. William was surprisingly helpful! And then Wednesday I went back to put everything back in to bins and logically organize it all. Hopefully the system will work for all of us.
5. Did you see yesterday’s lastest video?? It was a round up of all the favorites that I’ve been loving lately. I’m just so glad to be back to doing videos! Confession – I like doing videos more than blog writing. I keep toying around with doing videos 100% of the time and no blogging, but then there are some content ideas that would be better for the blog. It’s tough! Anyway, if you haven’t watched it yet, sneak in 10 minutes to watch!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!