This week’s featured blogger is Jaelen at Making Mrs. M. I’ve really enjoyed catching up with Jaelen’s blog each week, and love the variety of beauty, fashion and lifestyle. In FACT, one of her posts this week was all about comparing the Urban Decay Naked Basics Eye Shadow Pallets 1 & 2! It was so cool seeing the swatches side by side. Check it out, and say hi!
How was your week? Hope it was spectacular! Had sort of a same ol’, same ol’ week here.
1. DC last weekend was absolutely delightful! It was such fun spending time with family. We spent several days celebrating our sweet niece’s First Birthday. We also spent a very windy day at the National Zoo. Elizabeth really enjoyed that! And when we came back, she was so happy to be reunited with her little doggie friend AND her rock collection!
2. The bathing suit saga ended, at least for now. I bought one bathing suit, which I really liked, from Old Navy. But once I got it home, and tried it on again, I realized the top was too loose, and a grabby toddler may ensure that I flash everyone. Not good. So I returned it for a mix-n-match two piece from Khol’s. (I secretly hate going to Khol’s. There are always amazing sales going on, but I find the store so overwhelming!) Thanks to everyone that offered up suggestions for swimsuits!! Love that we’re such an amazing source of knowledge!
3. We had a fun time with some friends this week. Tuesday we spent time hiking in the woods with toddlers. It was adorable, but slow. And yesterday we had a play date and lunch with friends! I love that we such a sweet group of friends, and that our kiddos are all the same age! But bottom line – Elizabeth could go “hiking” every day of the week.
4. You ready for a “This Week in History” moment? 5 years ago, my husband and I were sitting in a conference room at his Med School, anxiously waiting for his name to be called. It was Match Day – the day when all 4th year Med Students figure out where they will go for their residency, post graduation. It’s thrilling but frightening! We were hoping he would match at his #1 spot, and he was indeed! And we’re still here, 5 years later! We had fun reminiscing about that day this week. Good luck to all you 4th years today!
5. Things were quiet (again) here on the blog for a few reasons. But the main reason was that there has been so much going on, and not enough time to just enjoy the moment. I talked a little bit about it yesterday, but bottom line is I need to have a priority adjustment…. I don’t normally get deep, but yesterday I shared what was on my heart… as rambly as it was!
Next week, we’re on vacation to the Outer Banks! Fingers crossed the weather is decent!
So what were you up to this week??? I want to know!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post!
Don’t forget to visit your fellow linkers and say hi!