Currently | October Edition

Sharing a collection of things that are obsession-worthy in October.

I love joining up with Anne and Jenna for their monthly Currently link up! Swing over to see what other bloggers are obsessing over lately. I’ve got a few randoms! (And if you miss the ol’ videos, did you see my video of summer favs that are on heavy rotation for the fall?)

Eating | Apples! I go apple crazy this time of year. I eat apples all year long, but my taste buds are seasonal too, apparently, and prefer certain foods at certain times of the year. My favorite type is Honeycrisp! And, now that the weather has officially turned cooler, I can get away with having soup every week and using my oven and not worry about it heating up the whole house!

Exploring | I’m trying real hard to visit all the local city parks. Now that the weather is a little cooler, it’s a more tolerable activity than when I added it as a (failed) goal on my Summer To Do List. I know there are some gems out there that we need to explore, and this is the perfect time for that! We are also planning on hitting up our local state park, just up the road, and getting plenty of hiking in once everything dries out a little. And picking up every. single. leaf on the path. (life with a toddler)

Wearing | Plaids & stripes are my every day! Remember that IG pic where I had 3 blue plaid shirts in my J Crew Factory cart? I don’t mess around.

I also picked up this pair of booties from Sole Society recently and if it would just stop raining, I could wear them outdoors. Since the weather has been unfriendly to suede recently, I decided to start breaking in the shoes indoors. They are a really great eggplant color, they are really comfortable and nice quality.  It was my first Sole Society purchase but it won’t be my last.

Admiring | People who have really pretty Instagram shots. I need to step up my game. I really loved this DIY Photography Backdrop tutorial from An Uncomplicated Life. This is on my to do list. A must do. Like, soon. And I’m stealing tips in this article. Plus, that article features copious amounts of Portlandia gifs. Win.

Collecting | I’m collecting many toddler birthday supplies for Elizabeth’s 2 Year birthday party this weekend! Isn’t that crazy? The last little details are coming together, but I’ve got a crazy pile of party favors, streamers and balloons that need attending to before Sunday.

What have you been loving this month? Let me know!!

Follow me: Instagram | YouTube | TwitterFacebook | Google+ | BlogLovin’ | Pinterest

Linking up with Anne & Jenna

1. Jenny says:

Apples was my “currently eating,” too! And I even mentioned Honeycrisp as my favorite kind. Looks like we both have seasonal tastebuds! – Jenny of Letter Me Loved

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Honeycrisps are just amazing. I can remember my very first one! There was a time when it was so hard to find a honeycrisp, and they were only available for a few weeks (at least in Michigan when I lived up there) but thankfully even our local Costco carries them now!

2. Whitney says:

Yes! I am thrilled that I can turn the oven on and not die of heat stroke! I made a chicken dish on Sunday night that bakes at 375 for an hour. It was so good, and for a second I couldn’t remember why I hadn’t made it in a while. Oh right…cause it was summer forever. Ha!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

HAHAHA! YES! I love casseroles and such, and during the summer it’s really hard to do without for months. But now, ’tis the season to get that oven on 🙂

3. Nancy says:

I also need to step up my Instagram photos. So hard getting good pics with it getting dark so early. I’ve been making soup a lot recently. If you have a slow cooker, you don’t even need to turn the oven on! Too funny with three blue plaid shirts.

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

YES! Getting dark earlier has been a problem, both snapping pics and recording videos. And I can’t get enough of soup this time of year, either. So yummy!!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Are they really running out??? There is nothing better than fresh picked apples. So delicious!! I’m seriously eating 2 a day right now. They are so good.

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

I need to try that DIY photo board! I decided that some sticky contact paper may work instead of fabric, so I’ve got some faux marble to slap on my board. Fingers crossed!! Thanks for stopping by!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

I hope the party is great, too. But I need to remind myself that she and all her little buddies will love it, regardless of what I do. And those shoes are just the best – adorable AND comfortable! It’s perfect!

4. Jenna says:

I’m not a huge apple person, unless I’m cooking! I love using them in dinner recipes as well as desserts (of course!). Now I’m craving apple turnovers!

Thanks for linking up!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Apples in salads are so yummy. That’s one of my favs too! And you can never go wrong with a delicious apple dessert. I could eat apple desserts all year! Thanks for hosting such a fun link up!

5. Jess says:

I LOVE those booties! I mean, I love booties and I love all things purple, so putting them together = serious heart eyes. I also need to check out those photography articles you linked to. I have this fancy camera, so I might as well learn how to use it! 🙂

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

I love purple too! Especially that dark eggplant color. Those booties are SO COMFORTABLE too!! Love them!

6. Meg Dean says:

Good for you exploring your city parks! We live in Southern WV and people come from all over to enjoy the scenery around us but I rarely venture out to explore it myself! Also, apples truly are the best around this time of the year, sometimes I just forget how much I love them!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

It’s so hard to get out and about though, isn’t it? This particular park is just a minute or two up the road from our house, so it’s hard to ignore the call 🙂 And apples really are the best! Thanks for stopping by!

7. Victoria says:

I just bought a bag of apples! I made an apple salad the other day and now I’m dreaming up all kinds of other things to do with the rest of them.

City Parks are great places to visit!!! How many do you have to go through? I think fall is a fantastic time to spend a little extra time wandering through them. 🙂

I’ve been thinking about getting a pair of booties…I haven’t had any since I was a kid, but I’m loving all the styles that have been floating around lately.

Birthday collections are my favorite!!! Are you going with a theme?

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Apple salad! Yum, I need to add that to my menu this week. We have this vidalia onion salad dressing that is really yummy with apples. I kind of need an apple now 🙂