We were brainstorming (really… Tif was brainstorming) and have a FUN idea for next week! Next week is Bring a Friend to H54F Day! Have a blogging friend that isn’t currently linking up at H54F? Invite them to link up next week, and introduce them in your H54F post. We get to all meet some new bloggers, and who doesn’t like that?
This week’s featured blogger is Meg from My Monochromatic Life. This girl puts outfits together like no one else. She dresses how I wish I could dress on the regular. Like this. Love. Go check out Meg and say Hi!!
Let’s dive in to some highlights! And I’m seeing an “Elizabeth pics” trend… sorry!
1. Last week I mentioned I was SUPER productive. This week, I was productive, but in different ways. Last week I was so focused on getting things done that I needed to shift priorities this week. So this week was about spending time with Elizabeth, husband (date night tonight!) and friends.
2. Our Valentine’s Day was pretty quiet, but I LOVED it! We did fun activities, like Valentine’s Day crafts, and we baked chocolate chip cookies with pink and red M&Ms. So delightful.
3. Elizabeth got a pretty nifty gift this week – a superhero costume! She was obsessed with it. But it was a touch too small, so we tucked it in the mail to get a bigger size. True to form, while everything was swapping and we had no costume, Elizabeth wanted to play superheros. It took about 30 minutes of convincing/talking her off a cliff, but I finally convinced her that tying a small blanket around her would be the same idea (#firstworldchildproblems). 2 minutes later we all had blankets around our necks, and we were a family of zooming superheros!
4. I’m feeling the sleepies this week. I’m SO tired! And I didn’t help matters with staying up late the last few nights. Wednesday night was the Duke vs UNC game (go Duke!) which is a HUGE rivalry. And it was an EPIC game! And then I stayed awake watching some of the CNN GOP Town Hall events. Fast Fact – I’m not only a huge sports fan, but I’m also a HUGE news/politics junkie. If no one is home, you’ll probably catch me listening to talk radio or CNN for background noise. And the GOP Town Hall events were interesting. Did you watch them?? Or am I basically the only blogger that watches the news and is into the primary season? Probably the only one….
5. I managed to check something off the to-do list – I FINALLY took down my outdoor Christmas lights! Huzzah! Elizabeth gave me a hand and was (shockingly) helpful! You might remember the effort it took to get the lights up this year… so the fact it took me 2 months to take them down should be no surprise. Post-light project we went on a neighborhood walk. And on the journey, Elizabeth collected treasures. And guess who got to carry this around the rest of the walk?
What were you up to this week? Let me know!