Welcome to High Five for Friday – hosted by me, Tif, Della, and Caitlin! If you want to know more, read about it here!
If you’re new to High Five for Friday, welcome! We’re so happy you’re here! When you link up below, could you add a * after your name? That way we all know you’re here for the first time and can come say hello!
This week’s featured blogger is Penny from Penny’s Passion. She is one of the sweetest, encouraging bloggers out there! Penny always finds the rays of sunshine in life. Not to mention she posts some of the most AMAZING recipes, like this one for simple yet decadent brownies! She also hosts a weekly linkup – Thinking Out Loud Thursday. Go over and say hello to Penny!
Here’s what we were up to this week!
1. We had the WILDEST storms on Wednesday! I actually had no idea that we were expecting strong thunderstorms and possible tornadoes until my weather-obsessed mother (like… the weather channel is on all the time…) called me asking if we were experiencing hail yet. Huh? I cued up the local news station, and they were saying a tornado warning was active and that the dangerous part of the storm was under 30 minutes away, and our house was on the direct path! Thank goodness for mothers! So we watched the weather until we decided it was better to be safe than sorry… and we hid in our hall bathroom. We lost power for about 2.5 hours, but thankfully nothing major damage-wise. We even had a rainbow post-storm!
2. Elizabeth had a blast being on “storm watch” as she started to call it. She enjoyed hiding out in the bathroom. And then when we built a fort in the living room after the all clear. We also zoomed into the sunroom to look out the windows at the wind and rain. The most fun you can have while watching scary storms roll in!
3. Two blog thoughts for you all! 1) I was thinking about bringing back the weekly vlog… not every week, but once a month maybe? Thoughts? And 2) there’s moderate interest in me filming a Q&A video where I answer your questions about ANYTHING! If you’ve got a question for me, let me know or email me!
4. Pregnancy this week was…. not pleasant. In the grand scheme of things, this pregnancy is uneventful! But this week I started having weird pain that I don’t remember with Elizabeth… I assume it’s because this bouncing baby boy is sitting alot lower than Elizabeth was, but it wasn’t that fun. I did have an OB appointment this week (24 weeks!) and had to take Elizabeth with me. She was SO excited to come along. I even told her the name of the doctor we were seeing, and the minute he walked in, she was thrilled to see him!
5. Finally, Downton Abbey ends soon. *hold back the tears* The finale is March 6…. and I’m DREADING it! Not because of possible plot twists… but because that’s it! It ends. This has been one of my favorite series of all time. But this season has had me bawling at each episode HAHA! Emotionally draining. Anyone else watching Downton Abbey?
What were you up to this week? Let me know!
Follow me: Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | BlogLovin’ | Pinterest
I’m also linking up with Oh Hey, Friday, Meet @ the Barre, 5 on Friday & Diary of a Real Housewife
Oh I just had a rush of memories from when I pregnant with my son. He is my second child and I had new weird pains with him. That storm mess came out of no where for me too. I got to work and we had a meeting with the kids about weather preparedness and I’m like, what’s going on?!?!?! Elizabeth is a doll – we could so prearrange a marriage with she and my son. Thoughts? Bahahahaha! Vlog! xoxoxo Amanda
HAHA that’s how I was with the storm too – kind of out of the loop 🙂 Let’s pre-arrange something. As long as Elizabeth can bring along her blankie, she’s game! 🙂
That storm on Wednesday was so crazy!!! I had to get blood work done in the morning, which meant driving in a monsoon, and then I practically got blown home that night! We lost power four times in the span of an hour and then lost it for awhile overnight into the morning. It’s so weird to wake up with no power because it’s not like you’re in the dark or anything–my dad had to tell me the power was out, haha! That’s crazy that you guys were in the storm’s direct path, yikes! I’m glad you’re ok!! Hope the weekend is less eventful!!
Oh my goodness!! Wild! It was such a crazy storm.
Glad you made it through the storm just fine. We got a dusting of snow, but it sounds like the rest of the country had some weird/scary weather. Must be something about boys and carrying LOW. Ouch! I feel your pain and never had it with Olive. Hope you have a great weekend. I always enjoy your vlogs so I’d be happy to watch anything from favorite books, toddler books, house tour, random, Q & A, etc. 🙂
It was a weird storm, that’s for sure. And boys just must be lower? Or maybe this a second child thing… who knows!!! But it’s all so different.
I love the idea of the blog. I love watching bloggers talk and feeling like I get to know you more.Plus I have ADD with reading so I love a visual 🙂 Glad you made it through the storm and made it fun with Elizabeth.
I prefer the visual too!! Videos are easier for me to follow.
I totally missed Downton this season, I need to catch up! Happy weekend!
GAH! Catch up! And I’ll avoid future spoilers 🙂
Maybe that old wives tale holds some truth–our little man has been super low, too! Lucy never even dropped until I was in active labor and the doctors manually broke my water! It’s making for some awful round ligament pain 🙁 I haven’t seen any new Downton, but my Grandma just got the season on DVD so I’m heading to her house next week to binge watch with her! Ha! Have a great weekend!
Who knows… is it a boy thing? or a second-born thing? It’s wild! Catch up on Downton so I don’t spoil anything for you!!!
We had some crazy weather this week too – I’m glad you all were safe! Sorry to hear you had a rough pregnancy week – hope next week is better and pain free.
I vote yes for weekly vlogs!!
That weather was just nuts!
I love Downton Abbey! I will definitely miss it and I’m anxious to see how they end things for all the characters. I hope you feel better. I had weird growing pains periodically with my son, they seemed to be stronger at night or maybe I just noticed them more.
I hate when I know a series is coming to a close. Such a mix of emotions!