If you’re new to High Five for Friday, welcome! We’re so happy you’re here! When you link up below, could you add a * after your name? That way we all know you’re here for the first time and can come say hello!
This week’s featured blogger is Penny from Penny’s Passion. She is one of the sweetest, encouraging bloggers out there! Penny always finds the rays of sunshine in life. Not to mention she posts some of the most AMAZING recipes, like this one for simple yet decadent brownies! She also hosts a weekly linkup – Thinking Out Loud Thursday. Go over and say hello to Penny!
Here’s what we were up to this week!
1. We had the WILDEST storms on Wednesday! I actually had no idea that we were expecting strong thunderstorms and possible tornadoes until my weather-obsessed mother (like… the weather channel is on all the time…) called me asking if we were experiencing hail yet. Huh? I cued up the local news station, and they were saying a tornado warning was active and that the dangerous part of the storm was under 30 minutes away, and our house was on the direct path! Thank goodness for mothers! So we watched the weather until we decided it was better to be safe than sorry… and we hid in our hall bathroom. We lost power for about 2.5 hours, but thankfully nothing major damage-wise. We even had a rainbow post-storm!
2. Elizabeth had a blast being on “storm watch” as she started to call it. She enjoyed hiding out in the bathroom. And then when we built a fort in the living room after the all clear. We also zoomed into the sunroom to look out the windows at the wind and rain. The most fun you can have while watching scary storms roll in!
3. Two blog thoughts for you all! 1) I was thinking about bringing back the weekly vlog… not every week, but once a month maybe? Thoughts? And 2) there’s moderate interest in me filming a Q&A video where I answer your questions about ANYTHING! If you’ve got a question for me, let me know or email me!
4. Pregnancy this week was…. not pleasant. In the grand scheme of things, this pregnancy is uneventful! But this week I started having weird pain that I don’t remember with Elizabeth… I assume it’s because this bouncing baby boy is sitting alot lower than Elizabeth was, but it wasn’t that fun. I did have an OB appointment this week (24 weeks!) and had to take Elizabeth with me. She was SO excited to come along. I even told her the name of the doctor we were seeing, and the minute he walked in, she was thrilled to see him!
5. Finally, Downton Abbey ends soon. *hold back the tears* The finale is March 6…. and I’m DREADING it! Not because of possible plot twists… but because that’s it! It ends. This has been one of my favorite series of all time. But this season has had me bawling at each episode HAHA! Emotionally draining. Anyone else watching Downton Abbey?
What were you up to this week? Let me know!