If you’re new to High Five for Friday, welcome! We’re so happy you’re here! When you link up below, could you add a * after your name? That way we all know you’re here for the first time and can come say hello!
This week’s featured blogger is Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls! She’s a wife and a mom to two of the most precious girls in the blogging world! She blogs all about the joys of life, including fitness, homeschooling and DIY! Cool news – she AND her 7 year old daughter are running a 5K together this weekend. How sweet is that??? I’ve been following Beth’s blog for several years now, and count her amongst my “blogging buddies” crew. Swing over and say hello to Beth today!
It was quite the week for us!
1. I hope you had a wonderful Easter! We did! It’s always a delight to spend holidays with family. We spent three days up at my in-laws house and enjoyed spending time together, laughing, chatting, and watching Elizabeth and her cousin playing together. I suppose there should have been some fun Easter picture round up post this week… but here are a few favorites!
2. We just finished up a new series this week – Turn. The first season is on Netflix, and then it looks like the next few seasons are on AMC for streaming. It was so good! I’m a period drama fan, so a series set during the Revolutionary War is right up my alley! I was actually shocked my husband liked it too. If you’re a period drama fan too, definitely check it out!!
3. I had my 30 week pregnancy appointment this week and all is well! This baby is pushing on all sorts of organs that Elizabeth NEVER did… he’s definitely hanging out a lot lower than she did. I’m technically 31 weeks now, so it’s hard to believe that I’m in the last few months here. Weird! I kind of need to get my act together… I’m also getting tired of wearing the same clothes over and over… but I refuse to buy ANY more maternity clothes… I mean, really, who do I see? Elizabeth will never know Mommy has been wearing the same shirt 4 days in a row.
4. This weekend my parents are in town visiting!! Hooray! They usually come down the first week of April to visit and then do a little vacationing. They just celebrated their 41 wedding anniversary! I adore my parents, always have. When they come to visit, we’re all content to catch up, chat, and eat at some local restaurants (my dad likes to think he’s rubbing shoulders with locals and local places). And watching them play with Elizabeth is so precious! Seeing your parents playing with your child gives you a glimpse into what they were like as parents with you. So fun! I’ve also been explaining to Elizabeth that Grandma and Grandpa are Mommy’s mom and dad. Her brain clearly explodes when I tell her that – HAHA!
5. And… really, the only thing I’ve been doing this week has been working with Elizabeth on potty training… argh…. this has been one of the HARDEST thing I’ve ever done…. I’ve never second-guessed myself so much before in my life. I have been vlogging this whole week, if nothing else to document how hard this has been so I can look back and giggle at my past frustrations. So far, things are going ok. We’ve had plenty of successes, but plenty of fails too. We haven’t left the playroom for 3 days… haven’t left the house all week! I’m getting cabin fever….
One funny story though! I needed to go to the bathroom, and what’s a good mommy to do when working on potty training? Haul the toddler in there with her! As soon as my tush hits the toilet, Elizabeth belts out “Mommy! I have to poop!!!!!”. So I tell her to hightail it down to her little potty. She starts to head off, but then turns right around and says “Oh no, Mommy! Poop out my tushy! Help!”. I respond with a panicked “I can’t!!!” because I’m pregnant, and pregnant ladies always need to pee. So we both start hollering for my husband – “DADDY!!! HURRY!!!! HURRY!!!” – and he comes running thinking there is some horrible injury. HAHA! I could NOT stop laughing all evening. It was just a comical scenario.
What were you up to this week? Let me know!