This week’s featured blogger is Stefanie from Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too! She’s a Pittsburgh mom of 4 who has such a fun, sweet blog! LOVE that today she mentioned she’s a mug fan! Woohoo! And her recipe for paprika chicken and dumplings sounds really yummy! Swing over and say hello!!
It was quite the week for us! (Oh and Happy Tax Day!)
1. On Saturday I drove down to Charlotte for the Influence Conference and it was a delightful time! Any mom would probably understand when I say I wasn’t sure what was more fun – the conference or the 4 total quiet hours in the car, just me. HA! The conference was amazing, but the best part? Meeting blogging friends in real life! I hung out with Whitney all day, and honestly, it’s like we’ve known each other for years already! We also sat (randomly!) right behind Keri! There was also a blogging celebrity sighting – Kate from The Small Things Blog! We didn’t chat with her BUT she was spotted, although I was working through my conversation “In” in the middle of the conference, just in case. But Whitney and I had so many giggles we decided this needed to be replicated regularly.
2. While I was gone on Saturday, Elizabeth spent a fun day with Daddy! They truly had a blast!! But it was weird spending an entire day away from her. When I realized I wouldn’t make it back in time to see her before bed, I just called to talk on the phone. It was SO STRANGE talking to her on the phone! HAHA But she loved it, and told me all her adventures from the day. So sweet! Mommy had to make up for it on Sunday. One fun thing? We mixed up some brownies! Is there anything else better than licking a spatula covered in brownie batter? Nope!
3. Those brownies came in handy for Elizabeth’s 2.5 birthday on Monday! My husband grew up celebrating half birthdays, so we’ve been doing the same. Nothing extravagant! Just a fun dinner/dessert, a few balloons, and a small gift. BUT such a delight for a 2.5 year old! She even got to choose her fancy dress that day. She was SUPER fancy for our Bible Study that morning. I’ve been trying to enjoy some “Just Elizabeth” time before baby brother shows up. And with another milestone passed, I figure it’s time for another “Meet Elizabeth” video soon.
4. Speaking of new baby, I’m down to the last 6 weeks! I’m happy but apprehensive, all at the same time. I’ve also decided I’m not allowed to complain that I’m tired right now, because I’m sure in a few months, I’ll be giggling that silly April Katie didn’t know what tired was… but… I’m tired. When I was pregnant with Elizabeth, at this time, I was full of energy and definitely nesting. I was cleaning/organizing like a mad woman. This time? I can barely keep my eyes open! But we’re on the home stretch.
5. Anyone else just get to the end of the week and wonder where the week went? That’s definitely me right now… These weeks are just blitzing by. And I feel like we have something going on every single weekend from now until the baby gets here. YIKES! But Hubby and I are taking time for a date night tonight AND squeezing in some more between now and the end of May. So excited for that!
What were you up to this week? Let me know!